Messing Around with OBA and TwitLook is Spawned

4/22/2009 5:39:34 PM

Twitlook-small Had a spare few minutes so I started messing around with OBA a bit and thought, “Hey, I spend a ton of time in Outlook... be kinda cool to see Twitter updates in there as well.”  So I spent about an hour and change and came up with version 0.1 of TwitLook.  No update, no ability to post... pretty much nothing but showing updates from my Friends.  I’ll bang away as I get time and if anyone is interested (leave a comment), I will eventually post the code and the add-in exe.

I know... the world really needs another Twitter client.  I don’t use Twitter clients, relying instead on the browser since I am in in frequent Tweeter and really only check it once in a while to see what others are talking about.  But it would be handy to have Tweets right in the place I spend most of my time.  So there ya go...

Tags:

Slick Thoughts

Iowa Code Camp Sessions Posted

4/21/2009 10:29:01 AM
The gang putting the Iowa Code Camp together have posted their list of sessions. If you haven't made it to the ICCC, it is worth the drive. Great content and great folks makes for a great way to spend a Saturday.

Tags:

Headlines

ugMIX Event Coming to Minneapolis on May 8th!!!

4/15/2009 8:44:00 AM

Join us for a special event co-sponsored by the .NET User Group & Silverlight User Group. This month we’re bringing highlights from the MIX09 conference to you!! You’ll get detailed information and in-depth demonstrations on the upcoming release of Silverlight 3 and Expression Blend 3 as well as see some of the great new technologies that were introduced at MIX09.

Following the event, we’ll roll out the red carpet and treat all attendees with a private screening of the new Star Trek movie, which opens in theaters the day of this event. Don’t miss out, register today for this premier event!

Seating is limited, so please register ASAP.

Tags:

Headlines

Building a Composite WPF Application Part 6: Working with Models

4/7/2009 11:36:00 AM

In this installment of the Building a Composite WPF App (Prism) series, I take a look at building models. I show why we may build View specific models and how they will be exposed by the Presenters in the Northwind Business Center application.  I say this in the screencast, but it is very possible to combine the presenter and the model into a single ViewModel, but I have kept them separate for illustration purposes.

Download video here

Download source code here

Tags:

Screencasts | WPF Composite App

Building a Composite WPF Application Part 5: Building a Basic Presenter

4/6/2009 5:02:00 PM

The next installment of the Building Composite WPF app series is now available.  In this installment, I introduce building a simple View implementation in the MVP or MVVM style. The demo illustrates creating simple view that will be used to display a list of customers in our Northwind Business Center application.

Download video here

Download source code here

Tags:

Screencasts | WPF Composite App

Building a Composite WPF Application Part 4: Intro to Views

4/6/2009 4:16:00 PM

Download video here

Download source code here

Tags:

Screencasts | WPF Composite App

Build Your Skills Content

4/6/2009 7:57:00 AM

Posted below are links to the slides/content delivered by the speakers during the Saint Louis and Minneapolis Build Your Skills events.

Profiling – Scott Colestock
Find here

Loosely Coupled Applications - Shannon Braun
Find Here

Exceptions - Jason Bock
Find Here

Intro to Unit Testing - Kirstin Juhl
Download Here

Advanced Unit Testing - Raymond Lewellan
Download Here

Tags:

Library | Slick Thoughts

New Spaghetti Code Podcast - Donn Felker Talks Mocking

4/3/2009 9:34:00 PM

Spaghetti Code Talks with Donn Felker about how developers can use mocking in their unit tests and some of the approaches to being successful.

• Direct Download - click here
  • iTunes - click here
  • Tags:

SpaghettiCode

Powered by BlogEngine.NET 1.6.0.0
    Theme by Mads Kristensen

About the author

Jeff Brand Jeff Brand

This is the personal web site of Jeff Brand, self-proclaimed .NET Sex Symbol and All-Around Good guy. Content from my presentations, blog, and links to other useful .NET information can all be found here.

E-mail me Send mail

Calendar

<<  July 2014  >>
    MoTuWeThFrSaSu
    30123456
    78910111213
    14151617181920
    21222324252627
    28293031123
    45678910

View posts in large calendar

My Twitter Updates